ARISE and BUILD!
Encouragement: So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; It shall not return to me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
18th to 24th March 2018
Remember the promise:
... pray to the Lord for (the city) because if it prospers, you will prosper.
- Pray for:
- Stability in our National Government: Our new President: The Honourable Cyril Ramaphosa and the new Cabinet Ministers to have great wisdom; knowledge; understanding and guidance from God in all the decisions that they have to make and to fulfil their duties with excellence and integrity. (Proverbs 9:10)
- The Honourable Chief Justice of the Republic of South Africa, Mogoeng Mogoeng: for protection (body, soul and spirit); wisdom; understanding; and guidance from God; and support from the people of our country. (Proverbs 14: 34)
- Stability in our Local Government: for the spirit of wisdom and understanding to rest upon our Mayor and all the council members. (Eph. 1 : 15-18; Prov.11:11a)
- The SAPS and the Warders in the Correctional Service Facilities: for protection (body, soul and spirit); wisdom; understanding; and guidance from God; and support from the people of our country. (1Timothy 2: 1-5)
- Pray for the Church to be mobilized into action:
- The believers to 'awaken' and respond in obedience to God's Great Commission. (Ephesians 5: 14; Matthew 28: 18-20; 2 Timothy 4:2)
- Those believers who respond to the call to preach the Gospel to go out in the power of the Holy Spirit. (Mark 16: 15-18)
- The Church to become visible because of their 'good works'; and for the Lord to receive the glory, because of these 'good works'. (Ephesians 2: 8- 10; Matthew 5: 13 - 15)
- Praise God for the Mighty Families Conference which took place from 16 to 18 March:
- Pray for the many families who have been blessed and changed forever and for the better by the presence of God at these meetings.
- Pray for all the family members who came to Christ through the meetings.
- Pray for those who were healed - spiritual, physical and emotional.
- Praise God for:
The Bridges for Peace meetings that took place last week and for Bridges for Peace to continue to gain great support and encouragement in the Bay! (Genesis 12: 1-3)
- Praise God for the rain that has fallen, but continue to pray for more rain and the restoration of our land after the long drought. (Zechariah 10: 1)
- The uprooting of corruption in South Africa and for Justice to prevail:
Psalm 119: 9-11; Luke 12: 2 & 3
Pray for Government, Business and Church to instil in all their employees, as well as all the people relating to them, to be 'unashamedly ethical' in all their dealings.