ARISE and BUILD!
Encouragement: "And you will seek me and find me, when you search for me with all your heart. And I will be found by you, say the Lord, and I will bring you back...."
15th to 21st September 2019
Jeremiah 29: 13-14a
- Pray for South Africa and Nelson Mandela Bay:
- Please continue to fervently intercede for the President of South Africa: the Honourable Mr. Cyril Ramaphosa and his cabinet at this time: For God to guide him as he leads our country and as he, and his cabinet, make decisions affecting the lives of the citizens of this Land; Pray for him to have godly wisdom, discernment and understanding.
- Pray for peace, calm and order to return to every province in S.A; for God's protection over the SAPS as they perform their duties; for God to give each SAPS member - especially those in any form of leadership - great wisdom, discernment, knowledge, understanding, guidance and strategy to be able to effectively maintain order in our country.
- Cause troublemakers, thieves, robbers, murderers and rapists to be swiftly arrested and fairly sentenced.
- Concerning the violent outbursts and attacks, pray that any hidden political agendas will be exposed; for the guilty parties to be effectively prosecuted, convicted and sentenced for their conduct in stirring up violence. As you stand on behalf of SA, ask forgiveness from the Lord for the continuous, rampant anger, violence and destruction in our nation. Ps. 51
- Pray for the protection of all innocent bystanders. Ask God to give His angels charge over them. Psalm 91: 11
- Pray for an end to all gender-based violence and abuse in our country; for God to establish those that will be able to counsel and edify those men, women and children that have been victims of abuse - physical, emotional and sexual - and to also minister to the perpetrators of violence, unrestrained anger and abuse. We pray for the laws - intended to harness this evil - to be well administered! Ephesians 5: 18 - 29.
- Pray that God will intervene in the water situation in SA and NMB; and send rain to our catchment areas, especially to the Northern Cape where the land has become parched and desert-like, where the farmers are running out of funds and their stock is dying. We in NMB also desperately need rain to fill our dams - in preparation for our summer season. Isaiah 55: 10-13
- Pray for the South African Church: (Declare these 'Words' over the Church)
- For the unity of the Church in both NMB and in the whole of S.A. Psalm 133
- For the continued freedom of religion for the Church in South Africa. Galatians 5: 1
- For new Christians to hunger and thirst after righteousness. Jeremiah 29: 13-14a
- For the Church to be salt and light in the community and to not be absent when needed to play her role, and to not be silent, when she needs to speak out. Matthew 5: 13-16
- For the awakening of the Church, a revival within the Church and a reaching out to the lost by the Church. Habakkuk 3:2
- For a fresh discipleship move of God within the Church. Matthew 28: 18-20
- For millions of people in SA to find God to be their refuge and fortress, to trust in Him and come to true salvation. Psalm 91: 2
- For backsliders to return to the Lord. Zechariah: 11-12
Remember the promise:
... pray to the Lord for the city because if it prospers, you will prosper.
Prayer pointers supplied by NMB: Transformation Christian Network.
More info: www.tcn.org.za